As a basis for indispensable knowledge, well-balanced character, and broad perspectives in society, the central role of the General Education Center is to provide the fundamental academic skills in diverse specialized areas.
The subjects taught in our university have been broadly classified into general areas of comprehensive education classes for subjects in foundation studies, and specialized education classes related to engineering. Our goal within the area of general education is the cultivation of a diverse liberal education which is receptive to internationalization and digitization in society as well as to progress in technology, and to expand comprehensive reasoning.
- Comprehensive Education Classes
- Through faculty wide lectures the department assumes the responsibility for the education of well-rounded individuals who will rise to meet increasing internationalization. The courses consist of lectures in the three main fields of human sciences, health sciences, and language and culture.
- While the main point of emphasis in training professional engineers lies in the classes that feature the "object", we cannot forget that the objects are designed and produced and used by people. In the General Education classes, we consider the each individual who will become an engineer. We seek to instill in them insight, to promote their ability to think, to establish a sense of their own health, to increase their language ability and intercultural understanding through the lectures in the areas which make up the following curriculum.
- Human Sciences Classes
- Students participate in classes in human sciences and social sciences, and receive a broad base of learning which encompasses human nature and human characteristics, the questions and problems which surround human society and their cultural environments.
- Health Sciences
- While deepening their understanding of the cultural, natural, and physiological aspects of health, students establish a personal sense of their own health.
- Language and Culture Classes
- As a part of preparing for future internationalization and digitization of society by learning essential foreign languages, students attend classes aimed at helping them understand intercultural relationships.
- Natural Sciences Classes
- The department provides mathematics and physics lectures in the foundation classes for all of the specialized areas of study in engineering. Students acquire the fundamental knowledge and the basic skills for all of the specialized areas of study.
- We provide the lectures in mathematics and physics in the Natural Sciences classes which are the basis of all Engineering. Students learn scientific thought and assimilate an outlook of the natural sciences while receiving hands on instruction in the subjects related to Natural Sciences as we instruct them in the fundamental knowledge and basic skills in all of the engineering fields.